Here are the 5 proposed projects, grouped in 3 categories:
Arts, Culture and Community Facilities
1. Upgrades at Hollis and Queens Village libraries, including upgrades for facilities, technology and library materials. Cost: $550,000.
Parks and Recreation
2. Resurfacing of the Vanderbilt Motor Parkway in Alley Pond Park near Winchester Blvd. (Note: This is a path for pedestrians and bicyclists that leads to Cunningham Park. It was originally built for motor vehicles many years ago before the roadway system was built.) Cost: $500,000.
3. New Audio Visual Systems for PS 18, PS 26, PS 33, PS 186Q and IS 109. Total Cost: $375,000.
4. Technology Upgrades for Local Schools. Laptop carts and smart boards at PS 33, 178, 205, PS 224, PS/IS 266, IS 109, Queens High School of Teaching, and the Business Technology Early College High School. Total cost: $548,000.
(Note on items 3 and 4: PS 33 and PS 18 are the local elementary schools that serve the Creedmoor Civic area).
5. Replacement of gym floor for Martin Van Buren High School. (Note: The gym is also used by students from the Business Technology Early College High School).
Voting Times and Locations
There are too many voting locations to list here. See the attachment for a full list. Below are the voting locations that are most convenient to our area:
Bellerose Library. 250-06 Hillside Ave. Monday, 3/28 from 1:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
SNAP Senior Center. 80-45 Winchester Blvd (on the Creedmoor campus). Tuesday 3/29 from 11:30 am- 3 pm,
Friday 4/1 from 10 am- 2 pm.
Cross Island Y. 238-10 Hillside Ave. Saturday 4/2 and Sunday 4/3 from 10 am to 4 pm.