- This event has passed.
Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis Speaks to Veterans and local community
May 6 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
For Immediate Release
****** Media Advisory ******
New York City Mayoral Candidate Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis Speaks to Veterans and local community.
5/6/2017 – During her five borough visit, New York City Mayoral Candidate Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis comes to Queens to speak about her stance on important veteran’s issues. Please see below topics of concern:
- NYC Department of Veteran’s Services (DVS) bloated salary expense.
- Total DVS budget is $3,952, 000, Salaries and Wages $2,877, 000.
- Expand citywide Veteran Service Offices to help with VA Claims, programs and services.
- Create Special Department of Buildings classification for Veteran Service Organization buildings
- Veterans real estate tax exemption
- Address the growing Veteran homeless crisis.
- More substance abuse and mental health services.
- Job training for Veterans in changing employment market.
- Veterans needs more programs and services and not more advocacy and bureaucracy.
When: Saturday, May 6th, 2017 3pm
Where: Elmhurst Park, Queens NY – Grand Avenue Elmhurst Park, Queens, Grand Avenue between 74th Street and 80th Street (future site of Queens Vietnam Memorial)
What: New York City Mayoral Candidate Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis Speaks to Veterans