- This event has passed.
Protest CUNY Keynote Speaker Linda Sarsour
May 25 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Protest terror and hate at CUNY– this will not stand. Be there MAY 25, THURSDAY 12 PM TO 2 PM 217 EAST 42ND STREET
Share widely. Speakers include: Assemblyman Dov Hikind, Milo Yiannopoulos, Pamela Geller, Nonie Darwish, Former Muslims United Statement by Caroline Glick, Jerusalem Post Editor John Guandolo, Counter Terror Expert, Founder of UnderstandingTheThreat.com
CUNY has invited a pro-terror, pro-sharia antisemite to give the keynote commencement address. And they will not reconsider. Universities have disinvited Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Nonie Darwish, Ann Coulter, Milo, legions of conservative thinkers and voices in defense of freedom, but a vicious, pro-sharia, Jew hater they will defend to the death and that is it right there. They fear jihad. They fear Islamic supremacists. They know no harm with come to them if they smear, defame, libel or cancel us. They know we don’t destroy, maim, behead like Sarsour supporters and their violent running dogs on the left.
URGENT ACTION NEEDED TO GET SARSOUR’S CUNY INVITATION RESCINDED! 3 THINGS WE CAN DO!
1) It is urgent that we flood Chancellor Milliken’s office with phone calls (646-664-9100) and emails (email@example.com) demanding that he rescind City University’s invitation to Linda Sarsour to be the commencement speaker at the graduation ceremony of the School of Public Health. As of this morning, his secretary was answering his phone and promising to give him all messages.
The choice of Linda Sarsour as a commencement speaker is shocking and appalling to those of us who are CUNY graduates, who have children attending CUNY AND to those of us who pay NYC and NY State taxes!
- Sarsour openly declared that the convicted terrorist, Rasmeah Odeh, is her hero–a woman who killed two people and wounded nine others in a supermarket bombing in Israel.
- Sarsour virulently supports boycott, sanctions, and divestment against Israel, the aim of which is economically cripple and, ultimately, destroy the Jewish state.
- Sarsour masquerades as a feminist but has used violent and obscene language to denigrate women who have spoken out about the mistreatment of women by Islamists.
- Sarsour has publicly said that feminism cannot include those women who believe that Israel should exist as a Jewish state.
- Sarsour claims she is a feminist even as she defends Sharia Law which severely restricts women’s freedom.
- Sarsour is free to express herself….but given her discriminatory and anti-Semitic views, she should not be given a platform to speak at a taxpayer-funded institution that serves ALL people in this city and state.
- We are also shocked that the commencement ceremony of the CUNY School of Public Health is being held on June 1st, a major Jewish holiday. The date should be changed.
2) Calls should also be made to Governor Cuomo at 212-257-6405 and 518-474-8390 (in Albany). Demand that all resources at his disposal be used to rescind the invitation extended to Linda Sarsour, a virulent unapologetic supporter of boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel which has as its ultimate goal the destruction of the State of Israel. It was Governor Cuomo who said, “If you boycott Israel, we will boycott you.”
3) Assemblyman Dov Hikind, who is at the forefront of the fight to get Sarsour’s CUNY invitation rescinded, Nonie Darwish and others will be speaking at a demonstration, spearheaded by Pamela Geller, in front of the CUNY administrative offices at 217 East 42nd St., NYC on Thursday, May 25 from 12-2 p.m.
In the words of Jeff Wiesenfeld, “This is a seminal moment in which lack of action will bring regret.”